Re: $350 for a 210 tranny!! LOL

To: davidr@sunset.net, Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: $350 for a 210 tranny!! LOL
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 23:15:04 EDT
David,

Yes, our role is to know that the supplier knows what we want.  Then we have
to decide if they are "cornering the market" and if we want to support that.

In the case of the tranny, I bought a whole car, drove it to be sure the
tranny was ok, and then sold it without the tranny (etc.) for $15 less than
what I paid.  That and making or restoring things is what this is all about.

It is a love hate to have them, but as always, "buyer beware".  When a vendor
does not even explain that a 5 speed conversion will not work with the rear
main seal kit (bought together on the same day), then I suggest they are out
to make a buck any way they can.  And I am not talking about a flunky front
desk tech, I'm talking about the owner!  This is not the only story I have.
Our role is to inquire about a product, and then relate to them that "NO WAY
IN HE___!

http://ourworld.cs.com/JCareyPage/JCareyPage.htm