Re: Vizard Manifold Mods?

To: chuck <chuckc@attglobal.net>, spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Vizard Manifold Mods?
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 14:17:00 -0700
on 7/9/00 15:26, chuck at chuckc@attglobal.net wrote:

> Any you guys done the Vizard mods to the SU log manifold??
>
> While I've got the head being machined, I thought I'd take a flyer.
> But the cross-sections of the ports on my '72 log look different than
> the ones in Vizard's book (surprise). My ports are longer (deeper?),
> making it very difficult to get a tool in to round the edges.

Chuck,

I did this a couple of weeks ago.  Used a Dremel with a conical grinder to
get the areas close to the manifold faces and a ball grinder to get to the
areas "around the corner".
I would look into the manifold from one side and stick the Dremel in from
the other side.  This way you can see what you are doing.  It's not hard.

I'm using the manifold off my '67.

http://www.mirafiori.com/~ulix/               '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9