RE: Occupations

To: "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Occupations
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 07:51:29 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi all,

I might as well chime in here. My job is not all that interesting or
anything but as the Purchasing Manager (the whole purchasing dept actually
at this point)for a small sheet metal fab shop specializing in military
aircraft hot section parts (afterburner) it does have its moments. It sounds
like a few of you are in the same or similar industry. After going through
high school and J.C. planning to be an auto mech-a-nik I kind of fell into
the aircraft industry. I've been in aircraft related jobs ever since. 18
years with my current company. I do have kind of an AC background, my father
was an ATC (Air Traffic Controller) until retiring about 2 years ago. He
tried to talk me into it but wasn't for me, too much stress. I identified
with "Pushing Tin" a little too, at least on what it does to the family.

My father is the one who encouraged my interest in cars too. He was mostly
into custom's and street rods but after my first sports car race at Laguna
Seca I was hooked. It just took a few years to get one that I could drive.

Bill Hunt
64 MKII Sprite - HRBYTOY (not driveable now, but soon I hope)
billh@aaai.com <mailto:billh@aaai.com>
www.aaai.com <http://www.aaai.com>