Re: Insurance

To: Patricia.Sauthoff@blvdmedia.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Insurance
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 07:00:11 EDT
In a message dated 7/14/2000 3:31:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Patricia.Sauthoff@blvdmedia.com writes:

<< They do cover the car at actual
 cash value >>

Patricia:

I don't think I would take their word as to "actual cash value".  If
something happened to the car and it was totaled, your cash value and their
cash value would undoubtedly be different.  I am no insurance guru, and
probably have the worst insurance as far as "full" coverage on my Midget is
concerned, but there was previously a thread on here about insurance
(archives:   <A HREF="http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=spridgets";>
Spridget Archives</A> ) and I remember something about getting "agreed value"
insurance, where the insurer agrees to cover your car for what it is REALLY
worth, and not what that little undervaluing book in his back pocket says.

Other  more knowledgeable listers may chime in here.

--David C.