RE: Insurance

To: "'type79@ix.netcom.com'" <type79@ix.netcom.com>, "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Insurance
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 04:47:09 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
> Actual Cash Value can mean a lot
different things. What does it mean to the insurance company in question? Is
the
answer given to you by the sales person based on information he/she received
from the claim department? Further, on what will the claim department base
their
judgment on the value of a 1959-1961 Austin-Healey Sprite Mk.I? <

Oh good point.  With Allstate the ACV was based on how much the car was
worth compared to the current market.  So if it would cost $8,000 to replace
with an equal car theoretically they would pay that much.  The problems that
I have already realized are
1) proving that the car is worth that much, wherein I belive the appraisal
may help, as well as keeping reciepts for all parts, and current photographs
2) the fact that driving the car daily will drop the value
3) where they're finding their information vs. mine