Re: Brake up grades.

To: Toby@intri-plex.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake up grades.
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 21:49:18 EDT
In a message dated 7/17/2000 9:20:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Toby@intri-plex.com writes:

<<  Nothing wrong
 with mixing Japanese reliability with Euro design (mr2). Now mix in some
 American v8 power (AC cobra) and prepare to change underwear. >>

Toby:  I was with you up to the V8 Power.  Would throw the little jewel
terribly out of balance.  Kent (Bushwacker on here) pointed out to me at the
Cincinnati show last weekend that the AC Cobra has the V8 mounted very far
back--it has an exceptionally long engine compartment, and this preserves
some of its handling.  I still think a Sprite would smoke one in Autocross.
Maybe the v8 Sprite would be good for getting away from stop lights, drag
racing, but I suspect a demon to handle in an autocross or a delightfully
curvy road, which is the kind of driving these cars are meant for.

It sure would sound good though.  8^)

--David C.