Re: tacky morbid thought (LBC content)

To: Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>
Subject: Re: tacky morbid thought (LBC content)
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 16:40:10 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Way back when I was a kid, and elderly gentleman drove around in a red
Bugeye.
He worked in town, I used to see him everyday on my way to school. Then
he came in to the store where I worked selling import auto parts and we
got to know each other.
One day in jest I asked him to "will" me his car when he died.
About a year later I get a phone call from Mrs. Jones, the widow.
She told me "Jonesey" said you liked his little put-put car.
I said yes I do. She proceeds to tell me he has passed away, now I am
thinking YES I got the car! But she called me to offer me first dibs on
it as she was selling it. But at $1200 back in 1974, it was a little too
steep for me, especially since I was making $89 a month payments on a 73
Spitfire.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ