re: No LBC, Dizzy, Roe, etc

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: re: No LBC, Dizzy, Roe, etc
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 00 14:28:51 EDT
>><< was the 16 speed on the record players for?? >>
>>I've never seen  music recordings in 16 (actually 16 1/2)  but  it was used
>>for some voice recordings -  wire service pressings of news broadcasts,  and

  Dad had one '16'.  If I'm not confusing it with something else, it was
even larger diameter than the 78s or 33-1/3s and dark red.  I think his had
"Ave Maria" on it, but I'm not sure.  I may be confusing it with his
favorite 78.  Wonder if any of those are still around the attic...
  We did have a small console stereo from Sears in the early '70s (1970s) ;-)
with settings to play 16, 33-1/3, 45, and 78.
    Ed in NC