No LBC: Pretty Scary-Back! Up Back Up!

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: No LBC: Pretty Scary-Back! Up Back Up!
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 20:08:05 -0400
Hi All,

Got up very early this morning to talk to a supplier in the UK.  Left the
computer on and went back to bed.  Got up in a little while to start the
day and the computer was dark, room light out. Breaker on panel flipped.
Still no Computer.  Went to shop, no lights, radio playing. Mmmmmm.

Turns out a car had hit a pole in the neighborhood, dropped a feeder line
on the house feeds in the neighborhood--BIG SURGE of power.

Got my computer fixed already today, but one printer is gone, microwave is
shot and the shop radio won't turn off!  Surge protector didn't work on the
computer, but the one for the TV, Stereo did.

Was petrified that I had lost all my stuff and would have needed some
expensive data retrieval company to get it back.  My back ups were not
exactly current!!!

So, guys, if you want to be safe, back up your important data.  Guess who's
doing it now!

The local guy fixed it all up for $105 and same day.  What a guy!
Support your local repair shops.  All my data is intact and so are all my
programs.  Whooppeee!

FWIW  Paul A