Re: Remanufactured? Longish. some LBC content

To: nosimport@mailbag.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Remanufactured? Longish. some LBC content
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 15:53:03 EDT
My understanding and being in the UK can change the teminology understanding
is this:

Rebuilt - means a used item that is overhauled but essentially still
secondhand - an engine could fall into this category.

Re-manufactured means to me a brand new part produced on old tooling, dies
etc or a brand new part that went out of production and is now back in
production (albeit made in Taiwan).

My experience of rebuilt (eg engines) is to find out the extent of the
rebuild because the difference is why rebuilt engine A is cheaper than
rebuilt engine B (only engine B has a new cam but A and B have full crank
'treatments etc'.

I've replied copy to the list since it is more on topic than dizzy roe.

Daniel1312