Tools - no lbc

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Tools - no lbc
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 22:20:28 EDT
In a message dated 7/29/00 8:14:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
toyman@digitex.net writes:

<< ere in the colonies Snap-On doesn't warranty their tools that well
anymore. We
 were told that they don't warrant their extractors now, I am not certain of
what
 other areas they are going to refuse to warrant, yet................ >>

       The local Snap-off guy told me the same thing...on his next visit,  I
handed him a letter drafted by a customer-lawyer that said in essence:
       When I purchased my tools, the unlimited lifetime warranty was not
only implied, but in writing, and that the warranty on each successive
replacement was, by inference, a replacement of the original. Had the
warranty been time limited, then it would have ended when the tool was in
service with or without replacement for the full warranty period. It is
understood that any tools purchased new after the date of notification are
subject to revised warranty.... la bla bla....welch on the deal and we'll
see you in court, hope you can afford a day off and a lawyer, and please pass
this on to your bosses, so that they are not taken by surprise with a copy
etc etc.... .Kind regards......  Sharks and Lions, esq.....

RE Sears/Craftsman:
           I bought a $90 Craftsman vise and about a  year later,  the
threads peeled off like a sardine tin.  No lifetime warranty. They got around
it by changing the category to "Home and Shop" tools v "handtools".....
FWIW... If you  buy one of those good deal XX piece socket sets with ratchets
included, I was told by a disgruntled Sears employee that the ratchets are
not the same quality as the ones they sell separately.  Return the ratchets
and they will exchange them for "rebuilts" which  have the high quality
gearsets.