Re: Rear anti-roll bars

To: <Daniel1312@aol.com>, <conan@ralvm8.vnet.ibm.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear anti-roll bars
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 22:22:53 -0700
Recommend: http://members.amaonline.com/wtrscca/tech.htm
According to the handling guide there, increasing the rear anti-roll bar
stiffness (I would infer adding one where one did not previously exist would
be an increase) induces or increases the tendency to oversteer.  I don't
have track experience, but when I first upgraded the front anti-roll bar and
springs on my car, it would plow ahead in a corner (understeer) especially
under power.  Adding a rear anti-sway bar returned the car to neutral
handling and decreased the effect of throttle on/throttle off on steering.
At first too much, but then I replaced the front anti-sway bar bushings with
polyurethane, and left the rear bushings rubber, and the handling became
very good, the car corners very flat, and I can corner at higher speeds than
before.
David Riker
74 Midget
63 Falcon