Re: My Midget runs, sort of

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My Midget runs, sort of
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 10:36:41 EDT
In a message dated 8/3/00 1:04:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time, davidr@sunset.net
writes:

<< Someone chime in here if I'm wrong, but with the mechanical advance
 distributor, my guess is you should set the timing at about 10 degrees or
 more before top dead center.  On the vacuum units, the 2 degree ATDC setting
 is with the vacuum line disconnected.  When reconnected, the vacuum canister
 immediately pulls the timing up to about 10 degrees BTDC.  I wish you all
 the best but giving yourself 1.5 days to dial it in is hoping for alot. >>

They make little lights that blink that can help you set the timing on cars.
It takes a lot less than 3 months to do the job these days.  You could
probably set the timing in less than 1 day with a timing light.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport