Re: nasty clanking sound and other ramblings

To: spritenut@Exit109.com, dgfox@uswest.net
Subject: Re: nasty clanking sound and other ramblings
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 06:14:51 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 8/9/2000 11:08:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
spritenut@Exit109.com writes:

<<  loud irregular banging/clanking noise that's always there
 > while the engine is running. >>

Dave:

Try using an engine stethoscope while the car is running to pinpoint the area
the noise is coming from.  We (Gary Lownsdale of the list and I) used a steth
when my car started knocking and located the noise at the rear of the engine.
 I found a loose flywheel.  The steth helped us to eliminate engine areas and
to decide the engine must be pulled to get to the obviously rear-inward noise.

David C.