Re: Tie downs

To: robb@nne.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tie downs
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 10:44:07 EDT
In a message dated 8/10/00 7:08:14 AM Eastern Daylight Time, robb@nne.net
writes:

<< Anyhow, my question is how best to secure the Sprite inside the trailer.
 The trailer has a couple of big blocks which I can put the front tires up
 against and a floor mounted tie-down in the back.  I've got a racheted
 tie-down strap to use, but where is the best place to hook it on the Sprite?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You should look into the type of tie down nets that go over the tires and
ratchet down.  Bolt them thru the floor with backing plates.  Nothing
actually contacts the car at all, so there's no chance of crimping a brake
line or bending anything.  The brake lines go along the rear axle, so you
can't just wrap anything around it.

Just buy a pair of tow dollies so you get four tie downs, remove the tie
downs, and throw the rest away.  ;-)

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget