Re: Tie Downs - moving our cars

To: "Spridget List" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tie Downs - moving our cars
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 08:38:38 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
On a vaguely related topic ... I will be moving ( 1.7 kms ) in less than 2
weeks and I have a disassembled Sprite to come with me.  I haven't exactly
figured out how I'm going to do this.  I will have a u-haul truck
 pre-empting the movers ) that the shell should fit into, though I have
entertained the idea of putting the suspension and wheels back on and the
engine/gearbox back in and pushing it ( slight uphill grade on a busy
street ).  :)

Does anyone know approximately how much the shell weighs?  The way that it
now sits, I can easily pick up the front end with 1 finger.  The back is a
different story.  It seems very heavy.  I can just barely lift it.  I'm sure
that some of this is due to where the pivot points are.

Robert D.