Re: Tie Downs - moving our cars

To: RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tie Downs - moving our cars
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 16:44:32 EDT
In a message dated 8/13/00 8:42:08 AM, RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca writes:

<<Does anyone know approximately how much the shell weighs?  The way that it
now sits, I can easily pick up the front end with 1 finger.  The back is a
different story.  It seems very heavy.  I can just barely lift it.  I'm sure
that some of this is due to where the pivot points are.

Robert,

You're better off leaving the car disassembled and moving it in that
condition.  A stripped bugeye tub, sans bonnet, can be handled fairly easily
by four strong backs as long as they're accompanied by four weak minds.  Your
average UHaul truck will be wide enough between the wheel wells to clear the
sills by a couple of inches on each side.  Depending upon the condition of
the bottom 6" of the body you might consider resting
the chassis on some railroad ties to keep the edges neat and tidy.  If your
back isn't what it used to be, I'd consider hanging out at the local football
field (no, not soccer, and certainly not curling) with some cash in hand.
I'm sure you'll find some helpful hands.

Rick