Re: Low oil pressure readings

To: Rick & Carolyn <walters@mail.softcom.net>, Tim & Brigitte <tim-brig@eas.za.net>
Subject: Re: Low oil pressure readings
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 06:12:17 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Sprite <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Rick,

Ummm...I wouldn't say not to worry about it! the issue
is that the oil pressure reads 0 to +-20... 0 at
normal idle. The oil pressure needs to be more than
zero at idle. I would go through the system. Check the
gauge for accuracy (try another gauge). +-20 would be
normal hot idle 50-60 at speed.

Dan Dwelley
77 Midget
Alexandria, Va.

--- Rick & Carolyn <walters@mail.softcom.net> wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> You are okay.  That is very normal for the oil
> pressure to drop at
> idle.  The little pump just can't keep up when
> idling so the pressure
> drops off.  Your engine also doesn't require as much
> pressure in the
> idle mode.  I wouldn't worry about it.
>
> Rick
>
> Tim & Brigitte wrote:
> >
> > What does it generally mean if my oil pressure
> gauge drops from an average
> > reading of 40-50 lbs/0" to +-20 lbs/0" at normal
> idling speed. Also pressure
> > climbs to 60 lbs/0" at higher reves?
> >
> > What is most likely worn & how do I replace it.
> >
> > Thanx in Advance
> >
> > Tim
> >
> > tim-brig@eas.za.net

=====