Wet head studs?

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wet head studs?
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 08:56:57 -0700
I hope this isn't a really bad one --- It looks like I've got water seeping
up and out of the head studs on our recently rebuilt 948 engine.  I'm hoping
it's a simple head gasket thing, and really hoping it isn't something more
complicated/expensive.  Any thoughts?

It's a 948 cc engine, new ARP studs, has about 100 miles on it since
rebuild.

On the bright side, I do have oil pressure that's more reasonable now --
replaced the new ball with the old plunger and now we have 60 psi (hot)
rather than a pegged gauge (90 psi+)!

Rich Hill
'58 AH Sprite
'79 MG Midget