Re: Wet head studs?

To: Rich Hill <richard.hill@sri.com>
Subject: Re: Wet head studs?
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 14:54:53 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Rich,

The 948 engine has some head studs that are threaded all the way into the
water jacket in the block.

I think you're supposed to put some silicone sealant on the stud threads
before installing them into the block. I didn't learn this until after I
rebuilt my 948 but luckily it doesn't leak (at least yet)   ;-)

Hope this helps!

Richard