Re: Wet head studs?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, richard.hill@sri.com
Subject: Re: Wet head studs?
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 11:13:06 -0700 (PDT)
Rich,

Did you torque the head, or the shop???,
What was the torque value, and what lubercant was used on the studs for
torquing?
I'm pretty sure none of the head studs on my 1275 went through to the water
jacket, were the stud hole on your drilled all the way through??
Did you counter sink the stud holes, or have the block skimed to make sure the
metal was not pulled up slightly around the head studs? If not, it could be
that
your head gasket wasn't seated properly, even if the correct torque was used.
When I first rebuilt my engine, I couldn't keep the head from leaking oil, but
since I've rebuilt it, I haven't had a problem at all.
Before you re-install the head, give me a call, and I can tell you what I did
keep things from leaking.

 - Bryan