Re:Johnny Lightning British Invasion!!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:Johnny Lightning British Invasion!!
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 08:51:17 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: morris@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net, minor-list@poundbury.co.uk
Peggy wrote:

From DAVE and Peggy <bohler at hooked.net>
Subject: Johnny Lightning British Invasion!!

Hi Y'all,
Have you seen the Johnny Lightning British Invasion (Die-Cast Replicas of
British Classics)?  We just heard about them today and went to our local
Longs (of all places) and bought all they had left -- only three!!!  But
they should have more
coming in.

They're pretty neat.  'Specially the 1960 Austin-Healey Sprite!  :o)  The
color could be better, but it is cute.  They only have six models out right
now - but I bet if we inundate them with requests they would consider
expanding the line.  ;o)   Besides the BugEye, they have 1961 MGA 1500 Twin
Cam, 1962 Jaguar E-Type Roadster, 1963 MGB Roadster, 1961 Triumph TR3A,
1967 Sunbeam Alpine.

Listers,

As one of the Morris Minor Mavens in the US, I just got a call from the Hot
Wheels folks who are planing to release a Morris Minor Traveller woody this
year!  They needed to know who held the rights on the design and name
(possibly BMW, but I sent them to the UK to check out the consortium that
bought Rover).  I asked if it will have a GMC blower stuck through the
bonnet and big wheels on back and he said, "sure, why do you ask?"

Rick Feibusch
Venice, CA