Re: Rear hub seals

To: "Bryan Vandiver" <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear hub seals
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 11:27:26 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi Bryan,

The bearing replacement process isn't too terribly bad.  I've had to do a
few.  I believe you are correct with the size being 1 7/8.  However, I used
my dad's 3/4 inch socket set to remove it, and that's back in Texas.  The
new seal bearing can be put back in by hand.  Just go slow and use lots o'
grease.  If you end up picking up a 3/4 inch socket set, one of the smaller
sockets along with a mallet will help with the installation of the bearing.
Just remember to bend back the lock tab washer!  It took me a while to
figure out why the nut wasn't coming off.  As for the torque setting, I'm
not sure, but if you get it real tight, the tab lock should do it's job.
Good luck!

Greg