Re: Rear hub seals

To: Greg Gowins <cartman@dnai.com>
Subject: Re: Rear hub seals
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 04:47:15 -0400
Cc: Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>, Andrew.Griffith@ReadRite.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
If your bearings are loose, you can use a Locktite product to "make up space".
It seems to work well for me. Also, the rear nuts are thin and most sockets have
a relief at the edge, so just grinding this relief off will help in slipped
wrenches. A 1/2 inch socket set and a 1/2-3/4 adapter work well for me.
Something like 140 ft/lbs torque is what the rear nuts take.
 Roger Cotting
1960 Bugeyes(2)
1973 Midget
1980 TR8