Re: Rear hub seals

To: Greg Gowins <cartman@dnai.com>
Subject: Re: Rear hub seals
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 18:47:54 -0500
Cc: Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>, Andrew.Griffith@ReadRite.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Although it may be a bit unorthodox I used a 3/8 drive 15/16 socket ratchet side
placed against the hub as an anchor point and used a large pulley puller to
remove the hubs in a friends 73 Midget. The bearings were removed with a
suitable drift, brass if possible, there were notched areas inside the hub to
place the drift if I recall correctly. It has been a few beers since this was
done. Ray, do you remember?..............

Greg Gowins wrote:
a good hub puller is a necessity.  Luckily I had a 3/4" wide, thick piece of
metal I could use as the anchor point for the puller.  Otherwise, that portion
of the removal can be a pain.