Re: Just bought a Midget!

To: ccrobins@ktc.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Just bought a Midget!
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 10:15:00 EDT
In a message dated 9/13/00 10:48:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ccrobins@ktc.com writes:

<<   I'll need to buy some manuals first thing as I don't know jack about
 midgets and ZS carbs.  Any recommendations? >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

You definitely need the Bentley service manual.  It has all the info for your
car.  You might look into the Porter book on buying and restoring.  (I don't
have it at work so I don't know the exact title.) The Porter book has info on
the emission control stuff, including how to desmog the engine.

Good luck with it.  After you get it sorted out, you will find that it is a
very reliable car.

BTW, Spridget refers to Sprite and Midget, which were the same car for many
years, just badge engineered.  By the time your Midget was made, the Sprite
was history and the Midget had a 1500cc Triumph engine from the Spitfire,
making it a Spitfidget.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget