Re: What you can do

To: tboicey@brit.ca
Subject: Re: What you can do
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 06:29:16 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
My car does do more than sub 10 seconds/100mph but in any event the reality
between what a manufacturer/road tester can achieve and what Mrs Brown coming
back from the shops will achieve is not the same thing.  Because a Spridget
owner is an enthusiast (you have to be to own the car!) he or she is more
likely to get the maximum the car car achieve.

Cars here in the UK do have some fairly quick 0.60 times and with 110mph +
performance.  Also it is very much the case that traffic moves much faster
here than in the states.  In the states I found a lot of traffic sitting
steady on a 55mph speed limit but in the Uk they sit steady at 80mph on a
70mph speed limit.  It is also pretty much the case that despite the
performance of the car no-one takes it to the rev-limiter on acceleration or
drives over a 100mph.  The Spridget is also a  lightweight, agile car (even
on skinny tyres) that can out handle a lot of more powerful cars.

Daniel1312 (Sprite owner but driven lots of other stuff)