Re: Midget versus E, and autox (was Oh Sh^!)

To: RBHouston@aol.com, tboicey@brit.ca
Subject: Re: Midget versus E, and autox (was Oh Sh^!)
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 11:08:11 EDT
Cc: kgb@clipper.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 9/24/2000 10:58:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
RBHouston@aol.com writes:

<< if there is anyone on this list that wouldn't trade their Midget of any
engine configuration and a small part of their reproductive anatomy for an
E-type...

 I only have two questions for them.

 A. do you miss the thorazine?
 B. is the electroshock really a rush? >>

Robert:

What's your point?  I don't think the question ever approached ownership of
one or the other.  Of course most of us would trade our Midgets/Sprites for
an E-type (I guess)--but only to sell it for big bucks and buy more
Midgets/Sprites (me).  I love the E-type--I have always said it is the
fastest-looking automobile sitting still I have ever seen.  But in terms of
upkeep, garage-time (I am told), Midget/Sprite simplicity, and basic cost of
all factors, including rebuilding, I will take the Midget/Sprite.  I have
never driven an E-type, but I can't imagine they would be MORE fun to drive
than my Midget is.

I guess it gets into your personal values.

--David C.