Re: Midget versus E, and autox (was Oh Sh^!)

To: DLancer7676@cs.com
Subject: Re: Midget versus E, and autox (was Oh Sh^!)
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 14:08:49 -0500
Cc: RBHouston@aol.com, tboicey@brit.ca, kgb@clipper.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
DLancer7676@cs.com wrote:

> I guess it gets into your personal values.

OK!!!!!!!!! ENOUGH!!!!!! I started this with a smart assed comment and it is
getting way out of hand here. I love the E's more than any other British car
(including the BN1) but since I'll never own either it is a moot point. THIS
WHOLE DISCUSSION IS A MATTER OF PREJUDICE!  I myself, cannot abide a 1500
engine, I feel about BL taking over Morris the way I feel about AMF taking over
Harley for a short time, I know that both were trying to keep the vehicle alive.
AMF succeeded, BL did not.
You can quote me all the technical info and magazine article you want to and I
will still not change my mind about how I feel about BL. I see commercials every
day about how Ford is the best selling vehicle in Texas 3 years running. Believe
me, I am not running out to buy one of those either.
We all are an opinionated group, Frank won't drive Rice, Larry won't use a hood,
and Ed won't give anyone a break. This is us, this is how we are. So lets just
deal with it and accept that not everyone thinks our car/engine is the greatest
thing since Home Breweries.
This PC world has taken away so many things, why do we need to take away each
others opinions about what we do and don't like. If you go out drinking with
your buddies (ladies, you are excluded from this part) don't you rag on each
other a bit. No? Where is your sense of humor, roll with the punches and enjoy
what you own. If you must convert believers, start with those who don't have
anything and give them your opinions about what is the best and not the best,
and then you can rag on them a little bit if they get something different from
what you suggested. The whole sum and substance of this list is camaraderie, I
think it went away a couple of days ago and I sure miss it. We do joke around on
here, sometimes I think some folks take it to serious.
Anyway, I am off the soapbox and going into town to buy some FWD axles for my
Dodge Colt. Can we all play nice when I get back? Please??
 Brad (Bundy-san) Fornal