Re: Midget versus E, and autox (was Oh Sh^!)

To: JustBrits@aol.com
Subject: Re: Midget versus E, and autox (was Oh Sh^!)
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 02:33:42 -0400
Cc: RBHouston@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
JustBrits@aol.com wrote:
> << for an E-type...
>
>  I only have two questions for them.
> Actually, RH, there should be THREE questions, with
>
>  C.  being, Do you REALLY want to do the Rear Brake Rotor Replacement??
>
> NAH !!!<G><<G>

  Heheheh admittedly a big job. I haven't actually done it,
but I'm prepared to if I have to. Luckily the rotors
last a long time as long as you make sure the handbrake
doesn't seize on. If it does, it ruins a rotor and also
cooks an oil seal for the diff. Oh well, at least you
can rebuild the entire rear end of the car on a workbench
and bolt it up as one piece!

  Really the Spridget is no picnic either. I'm sure
there are people that would say "WHAT? You pull the engine
and tranny out to change the CLUTCH DISC?!?!!?" or "You
have to remove the alternator to change a spark plug??!".

  At least the front maintenance of the e-type is
incredibly nice. The bonnet tilts forward and takes
the wings with it, so you have top, bottom, and side
access to the engine bay.

  Maybe all of those seconds and minutes saved doing
engine bay work with better access can be "banked"
and used when it's time to change rear brakes. ;>

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca