front suspension rebuilding...

To: "Spridgets@Autox. Team. Net (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: front suspension rebuilding...
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 16:48:08 -0700 charset="iso-8859-1"
Well now that the engine is out, I am taking the opportunity to clean up and
repaint the engine bay, and tidy\replace the wiring loom. My half a$$ crimp
connectors are too ugly and way to flimsy to make it right. What other jobs
are nasty with the engine in place?

Is a Front suspension rebuild facilitated by the removal of the engine? When
it comes to suspensions, I'm so inexperienced. I understand its function
somewhat, sprung vs unsprung weight etc... but otherwise I just try to
ignore it. From what I have read, I have heard stories of king pin (what
ever that is) reamer nightmares, all sorts of different exotic bushing
materials and the occasional shock discussion.  And not to mention the sway
bar diameter controversies.

I pulled out some books and started to read, but the vocabulary is so
difficult, and without pictures, I don't understand what I'm reading about
(kind of like my engineering books)

Any help is appreciated

Toby...
69 Sprite