Re: front suspension rebuilding...

To: Toby Atwater <Toby@intri-plex.com>
Subject: Re: front suspension rebuilding...
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 22:05:18 -0400
Cc: "Spridgets@Autox. Team. Net (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
You should rebuild your front suspension if it has not been done in a few years.
You can get all the parts you need from VB or Moss. Sometimes( if has been a
long time or the car has had hard suppers) the fasteners at the care end will be
fused with the A-arm.. there have been several post telling you how to deal with
this. You will need to Magnaflux or Crack check your front spindles. If cracked,
REPLACE ! This a good time to go to poly or other bushings( also from VB or
Moss). There are a couple of adjustable upper bushing, so that you may set your
front camber. You should not have to put new bushings in your spindles. If you
do, perhaps there is someone on the spridget group that can help. F or front
anti-roll bars, there are choices, 9/16, 5/8, 11/16 are Sprite/ Midget
standards. 3/4 or 7/8 are available from several places. If you are going to
street your Sprite 9/16 or 5/8 should be OK. If you are going to autocross or
race it Bigger is better. I would not go to solid aluminum or poly bushings
unless you are going to race it. Follow the directions in you manual and don't
forget the wedge pin at the base of the spindle. You will probably have to drill
it out! I hope this answers some of the questions, and if not it will start a
string of answers!

Roger Cotting
60 Sprite (2)
73 Midget