Re: Koni shock conversion

To: "Gerard Chateauvieux" <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>, "Sheats, James" <James.Sheats@mortgage.wellsFargo.COM>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Koni shock conversion
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 19:40:34 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
From Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith at gerardsgarage.com>
To: Sheats, James <James.Sheats@mortgage.wellsFargo.COM>;
<spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sent: 03 October 2000 20:34

> Jim,
>
> When I looked into finding some Koni's that were the correct length for
the
> Sprite, I found that they were no longer available as replacements. Even
> the guys that bought up all the remaining stock no longer had them. Just
> make sure that what your getting is still an available model in case you
> have any problems.

If you have trouble with rears, the thick steel plate that holds the shocker
onto the spring has the same holes as the Minor but with a different
arrangement for the mounting of the shocker.  Basically, the shock on the
minor bolts to the plate and the 'rod' goes to the chassis.  Since this
plate is large, you can have a range of heights between the shock and the
body bolts.  I used a pin pressed from a rear spring shackle as the bolt to
fix the shock to the plate.  Drilling a new hole allowed the use of an
'otherwise too long' adjustable AVO shock.  If you lower the car, drill a
new hole and weld a new bolt in.