Chuffy Engine

To: "Spridgets@Autox. Team. Net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Midgeteurope@Egroups. Com" <midgeteurope@egroups.com>, "Midget Chat" <midgetspriteclub@listbot.com>
Subject: Chuffy Engine
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 19:24:10 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Has anyone had this problem?

I was driving at about 50MPH (and had been for about 10 minutes)on a good,
slightly winding road up a very gentle incline when I suddenly lost power
and the speed dropped until all I could do was about 20MPH. It sounded as if
the engine was only firing on 2 cylinders, resulting in an interesting
chuffing noise.

The engine was fully warmed up, the temperature was about 12 centigrade and
the weather dry. I'd been using the car for a couple of hours already with
no problem. Oil pressure (60lbs) and temperature stayed the same.

As I neared the end of the road and I let the revs fall, the engine cut out.
Almost immediately I started the engine again and it sprung into life with
no chuffing and everything back to normal. From this point it was about 3
miles home, and I had no more difficulties.

Any ideas?

                                        Dave C (UK)- GAN5 Midget