Re: Chuffy Engine

To: "dave.clark" <dave.clark55@btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: Chuffy Engine
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2000 17:39:34 -0400
Cc: "Spridgets@Autox. Team. Net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Midgeteurope@Egroups. Com" <midgeteurope@egroups.com>, Midget Chat <midgetspriteclub@listbot.com>
"dave.clark" wrote:

> Has anyone had this problem?
>
> I was driving at about 50MPH (and had been for about 10 minutes)on a good,
> slightly winding road up a very gentle incline when I suddenly lost power
> and the speed dropped until all I could do was about 20MPH. It sounded as if
> the engine was only firing on 2 cylinders,

> Any ideas?

Dave

It sounds like fuel not getting to one carb.
Either a bum fuel pump or something blocking the fuel.
Try it again and when it starts giving you trouble, turn it off, pull
over and check for fuel in each carb bowl, if one is low, check the
float.
If both are low, suspect the f/pump.

--
Frank Clarici