Re: ? 8 spoke rim and grille

To: <LColli3554@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ? 8 spoke rim and grille
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 11:02:23 -0700
on 10/9/00 10:22, LColli3554@aol.com at LColli3554@aol.com wrote:

> My question today refers to the Victoria British 8 spoke alloy wheels 13" x
> 5" for the midget, I really like these compared to the basic steel wheels. My
> vehicle is the 73 Midget with the rounded rear wheel arches. The question
> here is will the 175 size radial tire fit with no problem? Alot of money to
> put out and I want to be sure.

Todd,
on a RWA car, most tires will fit.  However, which aspect ratio are you
talking about?  I think a 175/70 is too tall.  It looks goofy and has too
tall a sidewall.  I would go for a 165/70 if you are a tourer, 175/60 for
sportier applications, and a 185/60 for the ultimate, but only with a stiff
suspension.

> Question number two also the Victoria British magazine. Grilles for this
> vehicle 73 midget. I know the midget grille is black but would the sprite
> grille which is just crome fit? Is the only diff. the color?

Yes, that is the only difference except for the emblem in the grille.  I
agree that the unpainted stainless grille (not chrome) looks much better.
You can probably remove the black paint on your grille surround with Acetone
or maybe steel wool?

http://www.mirafiori.com/~ulix/               '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9