Re: Torque wrench recommendations

To: Bill Mantz <bmantz@infi.net>
Subject: Re: Torque wrench recommendations
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 07:36:21 -0400
Cc: Spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Bill,
     The click type torque wrenches are much easier to use than the beam
type. The beam type has a pointer and a scale and you read the torque on
the pointer. The click type lets you set the torque by turning a collar
or knob on it, and when the specified torque has been reached you will
hear and feel a click. From what I have heard the click type should
always be stored with the torque set to the minimum. You should avoid
using a torque wrench to loosen fasteners.

Peter Samaroo
Charlotte NC
59 Bugeye
59 100-6