Re: Torque wrench recommendations

To: "Wiedemeyer" <boxweed@thebest.net>, "Spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Torque wrench recommendations
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 13:19:40 -0700charset="Windows-1252"
I am using my fathers sears, "craftsman" that has seen 30+ years of abuse
(using it as a power bar), rain (in Equedor and Nigeria) and heavy usage
(big diesel engines that he would just approximate since the needle didnt go
that far, oh and Sprite head bolts :P) . I had it calibrated for him (he was
like "they do that?") and it was only 1 foot lb off. It is the old fasioned
1/2" beam type.

Harbor Freight is cool beacuse its so cheap... but their tools are pretty
flimsy, they do honor their warranty tho, it's just a pain to send it back.
The black oxide wrench set I just got there is holding out pretty good
actually... Its made in India rather than china! I dunno if that helps or
not.

For the long haul, go for crafstman. I hate the damn snap ons now. twice the
price, no warranty and the same quality IMO.