Re: Midgets and Datsun 210 Transmissions

To: Guy Weller <guy@weller-lakes.greatxscape.net>
Subject: Re: Midgets and Datsun 210 Transmissions
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 18:31:22 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Guy Weller wrote:
> I cannot now remember the differences between the 2 o/d units - if I
> can find my paperwork about this I'll let you know

  Love to hear.

> My "H" - shaped subframe unit doubles as gearbox mounting and X-frame
> replacement, and is fully removable, which makes fitting the
> engine/gearbox easier.

  I know, it's a very good idea which I happily stole. ;>

  My subframe is different than yours but I was sure to make
the last piece bolt-on.

http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/midget/pics/midget_overdrive_day_four_4.jpg

  ...on mine the subframe is welded in (I felt that best
to keep the car stiff) but when you unbolt the rear mount, the
engine needs only to move forward two inches or so and then
the subframe starts to line up to the "thin" part at the
rear of the overdrive and there is ample room to wiggle
it out.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca