GUNS & FACTS

To: "spidgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: GUNS & FACTS
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 19:20:10 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Sorry All but I can't remain silent any longer.

Ever notice how the Anti-gun people don't like reason and facts.
They perfer to 'argue' with ambiguities and cite singular
instances as their 'proof'!
Guns do not kill people,  People kill people, a fact pure and
simple.

As to it will be a safer place with no guns,  ask the Aussies.
One year into their big no gun experiment (which cost the
taxpayers $500+ million) homicides are up (3.2%), assualts are up
(8%), Armed robberies are up (44%), and in the State of Victoria
homicides by/with firearms are up 300%.  The Australian
government can't explain why this is happening.  Do you think
anything will be different here in the U.S. of A.?  I don't. The
answer is simple, the Honest law abiding citizens followed the
law and the dis-honest (PC talk for SCUM) didn't.  They have guns
the honest citizens don't.

As to your talk about an off-duty cop carrying his gun, what does
the law say in your state Fred?  In my state they (police) carry
their weapons (by law) even when they are off-duty.  That way the
can protect people like you and others, assist on-duty officers
as needed, etc.

But then we pro gun people are being "silly".  If being informed
is being "silly" I'd rather be called "silly" rather than being
accused of being unintelligent.

Biff Jones
Pasadena, MD
'59 Bugeye, "Kermit'