Re: GUNS & FACTS

To: Biff Jones <biffjones@erols.com>
Subject: Re: GUNS & FACTS
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 19:55:51 +1100
Cc: spidgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Biff Jones wrote:

> Sorry All but I can't remain silent any longer.
>
> Ever notice how the Anti-gun people don't like reason and facts.
> They perfer to 'argue' with ambiguities and cite singular
> instances as their 'proof'!

true

> Guns do not kill people,  People kill people, a fact pure and
> simple.

also true

> As to it will be a safer place with no guns,  ask the Aussies.
> One year into their big no gun experiment (which cost the
> taxpayers $500+ million)

very true Upsetting to many  and annoying as hell
 homicides are up (3.2%),

er  welll......................maybe  but we are talking 400 or  so   a
year
assualts are up
> (8%), Armed robberies are up (44%)
well  again  maybe   gotta licence those hyperdermics
, and in the State of Victoria
> homicides by/with firearms are up 300%.

Jenus Christ no,,,   Where the fuck did that come from.   sheesh,
Homicides with petrol are up,   homicides with knives are up, homicides
with firearms aint up. On the other hand they aint down either

 The Australian
> government can't explain why this is happening.

hmmmmmmm    Which      goverment?

Do you think
> anything will be different here in the U.S. of A.?  I don't. The
> answer is simple, the Honest law abiding citizens followed the
> law and the dis-honest (PC talk for SCUM) didn't.

true

 They have guns
> the honest citizens don't.

well licencing is a pain. I sure like how the police keep losing firearm
applications. And they want to   be trusted with all the guns?

> As to your talk about an off-duty cop carrying his gun, what does
> the law say in your state Fred?  In my state they (police) carry
> their weapons (by law) even when they are off-duty.  That way the
> can protect people like you and others, assist on-duty officers
> as needed, etc.

actually in victoria  You are more likely to get shot by a cop than by
anyone else.  They never miss