Re: Guns -- Off Topic

To: richard.arnold@juno.com
Subject: Re: Guns -- Off Topic
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 17:41:44 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Rich,
I read it in the newspaper. Obviously you are more interested in keeping unsafe
and unnecessary weapons on the market at the expense of seeing more innocent
people slain.

If you don't believe that it was a real sstory and that it appeared on the wire
services, I don't really care. I just ask that you and your lobby keep your
arsenals locked and out of the reach of those that will use them to do harm.

Fred C

On Sat, 28 Oct 2000 09:51:05 -0500 richard.arnold@juno.com wrote:

Fred:

> An innocent resident of Florida died last month at  the hands of an
> irate father who was "pissed off" that the person he thought he was
> gunning down had wronged his daughter.

I have been looking for news stories on the above (in Lexis and West);
would you supply some more details (names, date, place, etc.) so I can
narrow the search?  Interestingly, I did find three articles where a gun
owner successfully defended himself (in one, a business owner shot a
sword wielding attacker), and about twenty articles describing murders
and violent assaults where the attacker used a gun, and more crimes of
robbery or simple assault than I cared to count, in which the criminal
was armed but the victim was not.  The search was of major newspapers in
Florida and surrounding states for a period from 15 August through 28
October.

Rich
Council Bluffs, Iowa

'74.5 RB MGB "Miss Maggie"
'79 Midget "Miss Molly"
'86 Ford Crown Victoria LTD "BarcaLounger on Wheels"

richard.arnold@juno.com  or  rdarnold@neonramp.com