Re: Guns -- Off Topic

To: busyrider@springmail.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Guns -- Off Topic
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 20:57:52 -0500
Fred:

Actually, I don't doubt that it was a 'real' newspaper story.  However,
on re-reading my post, I can see how you might misunderstand my intent.
My comments on the other news stories I found were simply meant to
provide comparison -- while there are those that misuse their rights,
there seems to be a greater number of cases where the rights are not
misused.  Thus, I think, that 'unsafe' is in the eye of the beholder, and
'unnecessary' equally so....

I can appreciate your concerns with gun safety; I feel much the same
about people who drink and drive.  Of course, I don't insist on a return
to prohibition, merely that people behave responsibly.

One minor query, if the killer had beaten the victim to death with a
baseball bat, or ran the victim down with his car, would you support
additional measures to control those items?

If you do happen to remember any more details of the story, I'd
appreciate being advised of them as I'd like to draw my own conclusions
as to the circumstances.

Rich
Council Bluffs, Iowa

'74.5 RB MGB "Miss Maggie"
'79 Midget "Miss Molly"
'86 Ford Crown Victoria LTD "BarcaLounger on Wheels"

richard.arnold@juno.com  or  rdarnold@neonramp.com