Counterfeit brake shoes?

To: <midgetspriteclub@listbot.com>, "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Counterfeit brake shoes?
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 09:37:39 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Counterfeit brake shoes?

Ordered a set over the phone from a large, well known organisation.  Large
green box marked with LUCAS - Made in France.  Shoes of such poor quality
that I knew something was wrong immediately.  LUCAS/TRW (UK) have now got
the shoes and are checking to see if they have a good case for a
prosecution.  Since LUCAS/TRW say they don't make shoes like these for
Sprite/Midget,
it looks like these may indeed be fakes.

JPEGs available for the interested parties.  I will be mosst unlikely to
ever buy from this 'large, well known organisation' again if this proves to
be true.

And for reference......
LUCAS/TRW Customer after-sales services
0121 506 5000