Counterfeit brake shoes?

To: rob thomas <rob@thomasr.greatxscape.net>
Subject: Counterfeit brake shoes?
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 07:09:13 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Hi Rob,

I would be interested in the jpegs of these shoes.  Getting brake shoes and
pads for these cars of decent quality has become rater problematic of late.
  I'm always concerned about spurious quality.

Thanks for the alert.

Paul A

FROM:   "rob thomas", INTERNET:rob at thomasr.greatxscape.net
TO:     "spridgets", INTERNET:spridgets@autox.team.net
        (unknown), INTERNET:midgetspriteclub@listbot.com
DATE:   11/3/00 4:48 AM

Re:     Counterfeit brake shoes?

Counterfeit brake shoes?

Ordered a set over the phone from a large, well known organisation.  Large
green box marked with LUCAS - Made in France.  Shoes of such poor quality
that I knew something was wrong immediately.  LUCAS/TRW (UK) have now got
the shoes and are checking to see if they have a good case for a
prosecution.  Since LUCAS/TRW say they don't make shoes like these for
Sprite/Midget,
it looks like these may indeed be fakes.

JPEGs available for the interested parties.  I will be mosst unlikely to
ever buy from this 'large, well known organisation' again if this proves to
be true.

And for reference......
LUCAS/TRW Customer after-sales services
0121 506 5000