Re: Counterfeit brake shoes?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Counterfeit brake shoes?
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 09:43:31 EST
In a message dated 11/3/00 7:11:28 AM Eastern Standard Time,
PAsgeirsson@compuserve.com writes:

<< I would be interested in the jpegs of these shoes.  Getting brake shoes and
 pads for these cars of decent quality has become rater problematic of late.
   I'm always concerned about spurious quality. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I had no trouble getting good pads and shoes for my Midget.  What companies
have you tried?  You can get them at most auto stores, NAPAonline, etc.; and
Moss offers a choice of OEM and semi-metallic pads.  Hawk makes competition
pads and shoes for MG and AH (and probably even Triupmh).  Brake parts are
some of the easiest parts to get for these cars.

Has anybody else had any problems?

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget