Re: "On the road again ..."

To: jboatri@emory.edu, wadleigh@syix.com
Subject: Re: "On the road again ..."
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 16:23:52 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 11/7/2000 8:30:44 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jboatri@emory.edu writes:

<< If your ball came out of the Grose Jet, you may have
 mixture problems as the bowls may be allowed to fill too high with
 fuel. This may be one of many problems! >>

That is what I was thinking.  If the carb was fitted with a Grose Jet and the
check ball fell out, which is about the only place I know of the ball could
come from, you would have an open gush of gasoline from that side, as the
Grose Jet is supposed to shut it off when the float reaches it's proper
level.   Constant flooding.  Very likely is the, or one of the, problems.  I
would replace both sides with new needle valves.

--David C.