Re: magnet on/off switch (LAC)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: magnet on/off switch (LAC)
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 10:07:25 -0500
On a similar note, I just bought a Braun placque remover (electric toothbrush)
whose recharging ability baffles me.

The base is solid plastic with a little post that accepts the toothbrush. The
toothbrush bottom has a small hole so it fits on the base. There are no visible
electrical contacts on either the base or the toothbrush.

You plug the base into the wall, you sit the toothbrush on the base,
and lo-and-behold, the charging light on the base lights up and
the battery in the toothbrush gets charged.

How? I'm guessing some kind of inductance.

Just curious,
Kent McLean,
with a '56 Healey 100, thinking about
a bugeye to autocross.