Re: Cams

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cams
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 08:04:32 -0000
I was meaning in the sense that you don't build a lightweight 2 seater
with a small engine and then rely on low rev oumph to get you around!
And anyway, when these engines were first built, (1947 I think ?) they
were relatively fast reving compared to other simple road-going stuff
at the time. Given the way the engines were developed, rather than
designed I guess it is at which point in time you think the engine was
first "invented".  You can even take the A-series back to the 1934
side-valve that it originated from.   Even by 1958 when the engine was
used in the Sprite there was little else around that one would call
high reving.  Honda wasn't yet on the scene!
The Honda S700 was a real "rev-elation" <g> to the British motor
industry as were the first "sewing machine" Honda bikes.
Guy