Re: single SU

To: NewNGsInfo@cs.com, jboatri@emory.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: single SU
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 14:11:51 EST
John,

I have just been to your web page and your car does like pretty neat.  I am
interested in your carb choice because only the other day I was wondering why
on earth no-one runs a pair of 1.75" SUs.  In David Vizard's early Mini book
he lists this as a combination that can be used.  Also while there may be
those that consider a pair of 1.75" SUs over the top, in fact size for size
there isn't a whole lot of difference between them and a 45DCOE (in fact 1mm
per throttle plate) so they certainly should work.

However, your comments below have thrown me a little.  You say you are
running a pair of HIF44 carbs but the photo on your web page shows a pair of
HS (6s) carbs and in the text you say you are using HS6s - did you upgrade
the car since the photo/text was produced?

Daniel

In a message dated 28/11/00 10:14:15 Pacific Standard Time, NewNGsInfo@cs.com